On June 24th, 2013, the Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the WMPF, hosted a Mini Forum On Education with the goal to develop a unified vision for the future of education for the State of Michigan, and specifically, the Muskegon Lakeshore area. Representatives from the business community interested in creating an education system aimed at better preparing students for Michigan’s future workforce needs attended the event.
Program participants included:
• John Bebow, President & CEO, The Center for Michigan
• Cindy Larsen, President, Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce
• Steve Olsen, President, Northern Machine Tool
• Steve Parker, facilitator and owner of Longview Consulting
• Jared Rodriguez, President, West Michigan Policy Forum
• Dave Sipka, Superintendent, Muskegon Area Intermediate School District
• Kevin Stotts, President, Talent 2025
Photos from the event are available on our Facebook page.